Welcome to the #1 Civic Type R Forum and Civic Type R community dedicated to Civic Type R owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Civic Type R Forum today!

2015 Acura TLX 2.4

Despite its marketing as something of a performance car, the TLX never gives me that vibe. On the occasions when I unleash my inner Senna, the acceleration is never very dramatic, even when I put my foot into it. Pinning me to the back of my seat isn't happening. I'm not saying it's slow-it accelerates just fine and at a reasonable pace (0-60 in 7.3 seconds)-but getting there never put my heart rate at redline.

Maybe it's the languid shifting of the eight-speed twin-clutch auto, or maybe the admirable commitment to quiet comfort prevents it from being a car you want to get crazy with. I even gave the paddle shifters a try in Sport mode, but those get old real quick in this town. If the handling were a little racier, it might help with the performance blahs, but alas, it's too smooth for that nonsense.

Not complaining. Some people I know live their lives a quarter mile at a time, but I usually take the longer, more relaxed route.

Read more on Motor Trend.

Civic Type R Posts