Welcome to the #1 Civic Type R Forum and Civic Type R community dedicated to Civic Type R owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Civic Type R Forum today!

Long time Acura fan in Maryland

City
Hanover
State
MD
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 TLX (Black)
I had an 89 Integra, a 2005 TL with a 6 speed manual (Best Car Ever!!!), and currently have a 2012 MDX and a 2020 TLX V6 w/Tech Package. I traded the TL in with 226,000 miles on it for the TLX. I do love the TLX, as it is definitely an upgrade to my 05 TL. The TLX has significantly more power, more techno gadgetry, and rides whisper quiet. Mine is black on black, and I get compliments on it all the time. I have to admit, though, that I miss the driver engagement of the manual transmission on the TL. Paddle shifters are NOT the same. The default is set to SPORT mode, and I have no complaints performance wise. I recently received notice of 2 recalls on my TLX which I will get checked out in the next month, but beyond that I look forward to years of driving enjoyment. I also added tinted windows and installed puddle lights to the front doors, so when you open the door the Acura logo is projected onto the ground. Beyond that I don't anticipate any more modifications - my younger hooligan days are well behind me, and I enjoy the nice serene ride in the current model.

Attachments

Last edited:

TLXFan

Administrator
Congrats and welcome!

Civic Type R Posts