Welcome to the #1 Civic Type R Forum and Civic Type R community dedicated to Civic Type R owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Civic Type R Forum today!

Spare tire instal

City
New Hope
State
PA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Type R
Hey All! Purchased a 2019 about 6 months ago, and after searching decided to buy the spare tire kit directly from Honda at a cost of $389.24. The excuse that Honda doesn't include it in the purchase because of weight is crap! If you spend over $35K on a Civic you should get a spare tire. Sorry, I digress. Anyway, Im wondering if anyone else has had issues securing the spare where it belongs. Changing the rear deck was easy once I found the screws on the tether straps. My issue is securing the black styrofoam "donut" that holds the tools that came with the kit, its too BIG!! Ive tried turning it thinking it fit in a special way, and I removed the 2 inch black straps attached to the donut, but it still won't fit. My last resort is to shave the protruding areas of the foam donut, so I thought I would check here first. Thanks in advance for any guidance.

City
Doraville
State
GA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 Civic Type R Competition White
I keep all the tools in the little door on the left side wall of the hatch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Civic Type R Posts