Welcome to the #1 Civic Type R Forum and Civic Type R community dedicated to Civic Type R owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Civic Type R Forum today!

Welcome newcomers, please introduce yourself!

TLXFan

Administrator
Welcome to the Acura TLX Forum. Please take a moment and introduce yourself, tell us what you currently drive or just say "Hi".[welcome]

Thanks again for joining, and welcome aboard!

Hello - james from fishers, in. I have a 2011 tsx low miles <40k and my car rides like a truck on city streets. It's great on a highway. I feels every bump in the road and it is very upsetting. A friend said to lower the tire pressure and that might help. Thoughts??? Lmk

james farrior

OP
TLXFan

TLXFan

Administrator
Thread Starter #4
Welcome James.

Hi, my name is Dave. Been an Acura owner since the 90's. Love my new TLX. Enjoyed reading the forums. Decided to be involved.

Hi, my name is Dave. Been an Acura owner since the 90's. Love my new TLX. Enjoyed reading the forums. Decided to be involved.
Welcome

Hello, Good to be here. Interested in MODS etc. Can anyone advise/direct me to Caliper Cover on stock wheels? Looking to do that next instead of painting them.

Thanks,

ADAMLSTL

niksworld

Hi, I am new to this forum. However, not with my TLX [:)].

About myself, I am from Calgary, have 2015 TLX 3.5 White / Black interior. So far enjoying but the BS 9 speed tranny coz of obvious reasons 2-3 gear jerks and rough shifts up/ down.

OP
TLXFan

TLXFan

Administrator
Thread Starter #9
Welcome!

State
TX
What I Drive
2015 Acura TLX
Tom_B in Dallas Texas. I drive a 2015 TLX which I purchased new

City
Augusta
State
GA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2017 Acura TLX Tech
Hi...first time owner here and love my car! Amy

City
Naples
State
FL
Country
United States
What I Drive
2021 TLX SH-AWD TECH
I’ve finally ditched the SUVs to buy a 2021 TLX SH-AWD Tech! I had a TL back in 2014 and have missed it since.

City
Pleasant Hill
State
CA
Country
United States
What I Drive
2021 TLX A-SPEC
Just purchased a 2021 TLX A-SPEC yesterday, loving the car so far. I had a TL and an Integra years ago.

City
Toledo
State
OH
Country
United States
What I Drive
2019 tlx
We are awaiting arrival of the next lease car for us...2021 TLX advance pkg. This will be my 6th Acura, first was Legend in 1990. Love my Acuras!

City
Irvington
State
NJ
Country
United States
What I Drive
2021 Acura TLX
Hey everyone. Names Ray. Just upgraded my car from a 2018 ILX to a brand new 2021 TLX.

Attachments

City
Woodstock
State
Non-US
Country
Canada
What I Drive
2021 TLX Tech
Hello - james from fishers, in. I have a 2011 tsx low miles <40k and my car rides like a truck on city streets. It's great on a highway. I feels every bump in the road and it is very upsetting. A friend said to lower the tire pressure and that might help. Thoughts??? Lmk
james farrior
Hi James, my 2007 TL Type S seemed to get worse in the "rides like a truck on city streets" department. It was awful, as if there was no suspension. Was it getting worse or was I getting less tolerant? Tire pressure lowering didn't work. Rather than the chancy shotgun approach of fitting 4 new shocks I decided that it was about time to trade anyway. I traded for a 2-3 y old Benz C-350 and the test drive HAD to include driving it the 30 miles home and testing it down the same streets that jarred the hell out of the TL. The difference was like night and day. I drove the 30 miles back and bought it. After 5.5 years with the Benz I traded, this past April, for a new 2021 TLX Tech and it rides just fine - and corners better and flatter then the Benz.

Last edited:
City
kansas
State
KS
Country
United States
What I Drive
acura
Hello guys, Looking to own one, joined this to learn more, nice to meet you guys!

City
San Antonio
State
TX
Country
United States
What I Drive
Acura TLX 2019
Hello TLX forum,

I’m Eric from San Antonio, Tx. Just purchased my first pre owned 2019 Acura TLX. I absolutely love my vehicle. My main goal here is to discuss the vehicle, upgrades, and issues that may arise about the vehicle. I look forward to chatting and reading threads.

Attachments

City
Hanover
State
MD
Country
United States
What I Drive
2020 TLX (Black)
Hello all. I purchased my 2020 TLX (V6 w/Tech Package) in 2022, used with 27K miles on it. Prior to that I had a 2005 TL with a manual transmission - absolutely LOVED it. I love the TLX too... it rides nicer and you can tell its a much heavier car, but it is super quiet when cruising around town or on the highway. I keep it in SPORT mode as it seems to give me the best response when my right foot wants to have some fun. The car is definitely a looker... people comment on it all the time, and I keep it spotless. Black cars really shine when maintained, and I never fail to look back at it when I park it and walk away. I look forward to chatting with other Acura enthusiasts.

Attachments

Civic Type R Posts